Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Newport Beach

Since I am having trouble posting pictures on Facebook, I decided I should blog. I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since April. Time is going by too quickly.

The kids and I found a great little house right outside of Newport in a quiet little neighborhood that has private access to the beach. When we arrived on Saturday we dropped off our stuff in our respective rooms and headed to the beach.

Photobucket


Photobucket
The weather was perfect. Sunny, warm, with a little breeze

Photobucket
Hayden testing the waters

Photobucket
cliffs by the beach

Photobucket
ahhh. sooo relaxing

Photobucket
Bought this great Build-a-kingdom kit... it was fun... I enjoyed more than the kids

Photobucket
Ellie was scared of the waves after one knocked her down so I am holding her hand

Photobucket
She wanted to go deeper but I had to carry her... She was a little to close to take a picture. hehehe

Photobucket
Unlike Florida water... Oregon water is cold!

Photobucket
Hahaha... What a goofball

Photobucket
My kids tend to be a little dramatic. I do not know where they get it from

Photobucket
A "teepee" that was on the beach. Ellie said it was from the Indians

Photobucket
A bench overlooking the beach

Photobucket
Proof that they love each other

Photobucket
Hayden found this digging in the sand by the water... luckily it was dead... ewww

Photobucket
There was plenty of beach to play on. This was at low tide

Photobucket
Day 2 sandcastle that I mostly did myself... hahaha

Photobucket
Day 2 and heading to the beach in the evening

Photobucket
God does marvelous work! Just amazing

Photobucket
Here is a little bridge that we cross to get to the beach. I though the lighting was beautiful

Photobucket
Ellie and her pink beach toys

Photobucket
Hayden's favorite spot was on the sandbar. The tide was coming in and the waves her just starting to roll over the sandbar.

Photobucket
The sunset makes everyone look orange

Photobucket
It was beautiful

Photobucket
Hayden was walking by the creek that feeds into the ocean and sunk up to his knee and couldn't get out. He was saying the water is really cold

Photobucket
His sweet, helpful sister was trying to dig his foot out.

Photobucket
Ellie saying goodbye to the beach for the night

Photobucket
On our last day we thought we would take the more cumbersome trail to the beach

Photobucket
Yep, she is telling on Hayden

Photobucket
Trying to the get a pic of Ellie and I

Photobucket
The waves were bigger today

Photobucket
Since Ellie was knocked down by a wave she was very jumpy at all waves that came near her. The little ripple behind her made her jump sky high. Hahaha. Silly girl.

Photobucket
It is a Monday 11:30 am and we are heading out of town... within 25 minutes of our departure the kids were sound asleep

Photobucket
We stopped at Multnomah Falls for a potty break

Photobucket
Another one of God's wondrous works

We had the best time and it was also the first time that I had taken the kids on a vacation by myself! It was just the three of us and it was fabulous. God has strengthen me so much over the past couple of years. With Him, I can accomplish anything.







1 comment:

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

Glad you had such a fabulous time. God is great! I'm proud of you, too.