Thursday, September 6, 2007

Cereal Searching

Made a trip to the grocery store and Hayden wanted to get cereal. Of course he likes the commerialized sugar cereals that are attached to Saturday morning cartoons and PBS kid shows. Per the "Trim Kids" book, as long as the cereal has 3g of fiber per serving then it is okay for the kids to eat. Hayden was on the search for 3g and his favorite cereals were failing. Then he picked up "Choco Crunch" and exclaimed that it has 3g. I had to check for myself because I just couldn't believe that it would. Sure enough it does have the right amount of dietary fiber. It has a little green circle in the bottom right hand corner reading, "Smart Choices Made Easy". After that I notice the same symbol on several of the other Quaker Oat company cereal. The label means that the cereal is low in fat and a good source of fiber. I also bought more practical choices as in Kix, Cherrios, and Life Vanilla Yogurt Crunch which has 4g of fiber. Making the grocery store a learning enviroment and teaching Hayden about healthy eating is fun! Makes the trip a little longer but the long-term rewards will be amazing!

1 comment:

Edward Charles said...

Auntie Lysh, that sounds like some great ideas for my parents to use with me and my siblings (if there are any). Keep up the good work. We love you guys.