Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beautiful Day!

Hayden had a great first day of school. He was excited that some of his friends are in his class. For a treat I bought him a basketball and we played outside when he got home. Trying to teach him not to slap the ball when bouncing is proving harder than I thought. hahaha.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Hayden wanted to ride his scooter around the block and Ellie wanted to ride her bike. So off we went.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It was a beautiful day and Ellie was doing a good job pedaling. The best I have seen her do!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


She was even doing a good job going down the hill. I walked in front of her and stopped her a few times so that she didn't get too much momentum going. Once at the bottom of the hill she turn sharply at the same time I was giving her a nudge and she fell off. She got a little scrap but no blood. After that she didn't want to get on her bike at all. I carried it up the hill but felt that she should get on her bike and ride the straight-away to the house. She threw a TANTRUM. She was trying to convince me to carry the bike. I stood my ground and told her that she had to take her bike home. eventually I got her to get back on the bike...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...much to her disliking


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



The little jaunt that should of took us 2 minutes tops took us 15 minutes! But I didn't give in... and for that reason, I am proud. :-D

3 comments:

. said...

Good for you for standing your ground! Her tantrums are a lot cuter via photo without the sound attached! lol. Sounds like you guys are having fun. I miss going back to school this time of year. I used to do my homework in the front yard on a blanket and Quincey would come with me. Aw I miss you guys!

. said...

Ha! Nice excuse but I don't work this weekend! Mom and dad were gonna come down for Pigout in the Park but things are too crazy with grandma lately.

Edward Charles said...

What a great mom you are! I love the new pic of you too. Sounds like you are doing a lot of healthy things. You are a wonderful example for a new mom.