Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dodged a Bullet!

I am glad that I am noticed for doing a good job but I feel kind of bad since I don't plan on it being a career thing. My career of choice is Nursing. I had gotten some kudos from VP of World Wide Customer Service a couple of months ago (Only one person between him and the CEO/Founder) and it just so happens that he was visiting today and wanted to meet with me. It freaked me out terribly. I was sweating, having heart palpitations, and anxiety. My manager stated that she didn't know when he will be stepping out of his meetings.... so needless to say.... as soon as 2:45 pm came around, I was outta there! Maybe if I different career path in mind I would love to meet him, but it is not for me.



Today I did a lot of walking around being an answer person. I didn't mind so much but towards the end of the day my leg was hurting... I chalked up to being overweight, out of shape, and swelling of the legs. I come home to relax and get into some shorts and I have a red spot on my leg. CELLULITIS!!! I have had it twice before since May 2006. It is annoying. I mean I have to take it somewhat serious because it is an infection and it can get pretty ugly quickly. Now I am going to have to go to the ER so that they can give me a shot of Rocephin in the butt and give me a prescription for antibiotics to take. They will also draw a pretty picture around the redness and tell me that if the redness goes outside the line to come back. I am just getting my dr bills paid off. Now it will be a $100 copay and then 10% of the procedures... Good grief.



Well, I better be getting to bed and get my leg up and put my warm compress on it. I will go to the ER tomorrow while the kids are visiting my ex.



Good night

2 comments:

Edward Charles said...

It is awesome that you are a star at your current job even though it is not your career choice! We all know you are a star where ever you go. So sorry to hear about your cellulitis. That stinks. We wish you a speedy recovery. Glad you caught it so soon.

. said...

Hope you're feeling better today! You're going to be such an awesome nurse!!!