Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

The kids and I headed over to the neighbor's, Jim and Heather, to do some pumpkin carving with the kids.

Photobucket
The kids were sure excited about the whole thing but I knew it wouldn't last long.

Photobucket
Hayden was cutting the top of his pumpkin out himself

Photobucket
After Jim cut the top off of Duncan's, he began to clean out the pumpkin

Photobucket
As per Ellie's face... she was not liking the gooey icky stuff inside her pumpkin

Photobucket
This is about as close as Lydia would get to clean her pumpkin out. Hahaha

Photobucket
Yay! Hayden got the top off.... but eeewww it was rotten inside! Jim and Heather gave Hayden one of their pumpkins to carve. So, it was back to the drawing board and cutting off the top of another pumpkin.

Photobucket
I helped Ellie clean some of the pumpkin out and I made her try again. Can't you tell she was loving it! NOT!!!

Photobucket
Duncan wanted me to take a picture of his pumpkin top... I am not sure why... but I obliged.

Jim did most of the work. I cleaned out Ellie and Hayden's pumpkin. Jim cut out both of the girl's pumpkin faces out and the boys carved out their own faces. Here are the pumpkins:

Photobucket
Here is Lydia's. She didn't like it because the pumpkin was mad and she didn't want a mad pumpkin.

Photobucket
Jim did a great job on Ellie's pumpkin

Photobucket
I wasn't able to take a picture of Duncan's pumpkin without a flash because not enough light was shining through but he did it himself!

Photobucket
Hayden's pumpkin that he carved himself.

Photobucket
This is Hayden's first pumpkin that was rotten... I painted it!

Photobucket
Here is Jim's pumpkin

Photobucket
All the pumpkins together. What a fun night!

1 comment:

Edward Charles said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I wish I was their. My parents took me to a pumpkin patch today. It was fun, but not as much fun as carving them. Those were beautiful Jack O'lantern. Tell Hayden I was impressed with his pumpkin that he carved himself.