Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day four... Sanibel

With Michelle at work we decided that we would go to the beaches of Sanibel.

It was absolutely gorgeous. The waves were gentle and the sand was gorgeous. We played in the water a lot. It is so nice to play in the ocean with the warm water. You definitely cannot do that here in Washington or Oregon because you would be numb by the cold.

Photobucket
Ellie again with the bucket and shovel

Photobucket
I think he might be getting tired of his Aunt Lysh taking his picture all the time

Photobucket
A few of the kids found a crab in the sand

Photobucket
Ellie was running to tell me about the crab

Photobucket
How fascinating can one crab be?!?

Photobucket
Hersh trying to get some beauty sleep but unfortunately it didn't take

Photobucket
wouldnt' it be funny if Edward poured that water on Hersh

Photobucket
the first time Hersh did this I didn't pull my camera out in time so I made him recreate it. I don't know why.... just a silly picture

Photobucket
this crab came out of the ground about 12 ft from us. After doing some looking on the internet I am guessing it is a ghost crab

On the way to the beach we passed a 7-Eleven and the kids were excited so we stopped on our way out.

Photobucket
Edward and his first Slurpee
(one less Slurpee virgin, Jessica)

The roadway to get to Sanibel is cool. You start in Fort Myers and there is bridge to this little island and then another bridge to another little island and then a third bridge to Sanibel.

Photobucket
Photobucket
My pictures didn't do much justice but a download a overview picture from Sanibel Causeway website

Photobucket
Pretty cool, huh?

Then it was onward to the house and shower for everyone. This is when I realized how burnt I was. I was good to re-apply to my face because my face always burned when I am outside for more than 30 minutes but I didn't re-apply enough to my shoulders, back and chest. Just put me in some butter and call me dinner because I am red as a lobster!

Tonight I made one of the kids and my favorite South Beach Diet recipe, Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce. It was a hit. Hershal and Edward loved it. I love making food that people like.

It was another amazing day and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful family.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so cool! I think we have pictures of all the kids with their first slurpee! AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm glad I didn't try to find sanibel on my own because that would've confused me. Supposed to be one of the coolest beaches. Thst sounds so nice right now

Edward Charles said...

We loved having you all here! The house seemed so empty after you left. Thanks for coming so far to see us.

Unknown said...

what happened to your journal? I want a blog about nursing school! How's your breathing doing?