Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Flying to Florida

I was not able to figure out how to post pictures while in Florida because of photobucket acting up and if I posted directly from my camera the picture would be too big and look weird..... SO.... I will be blogging about our Florida trip during the next few days and act like I was blogging while in Florida...hehehe
*********************************************
Because I HAD to get my hair done before the trip, we didn't leave and head over to Seattle until 7 pm and we checked in the hotel and settled in bed by 11 pm. 4 am came mighty fast and the kids were really good about getting dressed and out the door.

Photobucket
Here they are at 5 am ready to go to Florida. There was no sun but Ellie needed the sunglasses

Checking in went great but my bag was a whopping 3lbs over the limit and I was charged $29. 3lbs....really.... come on. I am thankful the TSAs help keep our airports safe but do they have to be sooo rude. That was an ordeal and a half. We made it through and I still have my hair. We boarded the plane for a 5 hour flight to Atlanta.

Ellie acted like she was a pro and didn't get nervous or scared at all.

Photobucket
Within the first 5 minutes on the plane she took out her crayons to color

Photobucket
Hayden's seat was across the aisle from us. He was happy to have an Ellie break and it was nice that I didn't have to break up any disagreements between the two of them.

Photobucket
Ellie was glued to the window from the moment the plane started moving from the gate until it took off.

Photobucket
picture of the clouds outside of Seattle.

The rest of the plane ride went well without a hitch. The flight attendants were so nice. In fact...

Photobucket
Ellie received a "First Flight Certificate" She held on to the certifcate all the way to Florida

A funny thing Ellie said as we were landing in Atlanta was, "Hayden hold on, we are going down!" I couldn't help but laugh.

She exceeded all my expectations of her. Nothing about the whole experience scared her at all. She took it in and acted like this was a normal thing. I am proud of her!

No comments: